Official Site of New York Times Bestseller Ace Atkins

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Claudia Speaks!


I really enjoyed this interview with the amazing Claudia Cardinale. As many of you know, I'm a lifelong fan. A picture of her in The Professionals adorns my office wall.

I love her quote: "It's like a man," she says. "When he's going after you, if you say yes immediately, after a little time he goes away. If you say no, he desires you for a long time."


Claudia Cardinale: 'I don't want to stop'

Sixties screen siren Claudia Cardinale talks to Steve Rose about entrancing Fellini, spurning Brando – and why appearing in 135 films still isn't enoughEmail
Claudia Cardinale in Once Upon a Time in the West
Claudia Cardinale in Once Upon a Time in the West. Photograph: Getty
There's nothing Claudia Cardinale hates more than staying still, but for the past two months she's had to do exactly that. She broke her foot on holiday in Tunisia and has since been holed up in her Paris flat. "It was stupid," she says, in her distinctive Mediterranean rasp. "I was playing volleyball. There was water on the edge of swimming pool, and I slipped. I like to be active, so when I have to sit for two months without going out, it's terrible. I had many places to go and I had to refuse: Venice, Kiev, Osaka. Now it's OK. Yesterday I went out for the first time, but the weather is ugly."

READ THE ENTIRE PIECE.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]