Official Site of New York Times Bestseller Ace Atkins

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

SPENSER RETURNS!

It's that time of year again -- I've hit the road for annual book tour. This time, I'm promoting the brand-new Spenser novel with the great Joan Parker. I'll be in TriBeCa -- yep, that's how it's really spelled -- tonight at the Mysterious Bookshop. Tomorrow, it's onto Boston. I'll try and update the blog as much as possible. But just in case, join my facebook page for more photos and updates from the road. Also go to the PRESS page here for a complete list of tour cities. I appreciate all the messages and emails I've gotten in the last several weeks. I apologize in advance for not answering them in a speedy manner. But these next few weeks are going to be busy. Not to mention, a SECOND tour kicks off on May 31 for THE LOST ONES -- the latest in the Quinn Colson saga.
Comments:
I've just received my copy of Lullaby, read the back, and can see right away that the writing style is different, but what matters most is that Spencer is back and I look forward to reading this one and others to come.
 
Mr Atkins

I am a retired broadcaster in northern Canada and have read Spenser books since 1981. I must admit I was worried before Lullaby came yesterday in the mail. There was no need.

Congratulations for upholding the honour, humour and panache of our favourite sleuth!! I enjoyed your book tremendously and can hardly wait for the next.

Continued health and success to yourself and your family. It took great courage to take up Dr Parker's characters and I am so pleased it will be continuing.

Now..if only we can get Liam Neeson and Djimon Honsou to play them on the big screen.

Regards

Gord Sharp, Grande Prairie, Alberta, Canada
 
I've just finished "Lullaby", great read! It's really good to have Spenser back, I'd been worried he might be gone forever, but you've done a great job on his latest case, though I think you style is more Chandler than Parker, but no matter, Spenser lives! If you like Helen Forrest with Harry James, "Once in a While", check her out with Artie Shaw, "They Say", "Deep in a Dream", "All the Things You Are" ect. I've ordered "The Ranger", and I'm looking forward to reading it, as well as the new Spenser, again, great job on "Lullaby".
 
Thank u Jesus the thought of never reading RB Parker again daunting. Thank u Ace u get Spenser! Totally Awesome!!!!!!
 
Ace,
Just read Lullaby and I'm back in my comfort zone. You definitely are the heir to Robert Parker and you have all of his nuances down, plus, it was nice to see Hawk back in the books as Parker's last books were without him. Plus I'm also looking into your other books as well. Continued success and can't wait for the next Spenser novel. Thanks again for writing a great book.
Barcroft
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]