Official Site of New York Times Bestseller Ace Atkins

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Leavin' Trunk Returns


I've heard the toughest of my books to find has been Leavin' Trunk Blues. My second novel was published way back in 2000, taking Nick Travers up to Chicago to interview a jailed blues singer named Ruby Walker. The research on this novel also took me to Chicago a lot, much of it on the South Side. I had the fortune of hanging out in some of the city's best blues clubs -- seeing the late Honeyboy Edwards, Junior Wells, Hubert Sumlin, and Pinetop Perkins. You talk about hardboiled. Man, these guys lived the life. What a thrill as a young writer getting to see and hear the masters in person. I know I learned as much about writing from them as I did Chandler and Hammett. The novel was rereleased on kindle this week.
Comments:
Interestingly, Leavin' Trunk Blues was my first book of yours I read, and I borrowed it from the library.

I really enjoyed it - I keep searching for more.

Speaking of e-reading, will you (or your publisher) be releasing any books on Kobo?
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]