Official Site of New York Times Bestseller Ace Atkins

Friday, June 17, 2011

No Sleep in Seattle





So . . . after I left the Seattle Mystery Bookshop, I joined my new pal Jim Drake for lunch at theBank of America Tower. Jim was one of the directors behind a lot of hit shows when I was a kid, everything from All in the Family, Good Times, to Alice and The Facts of Life. We spent most of lunch talking about our mutual love of Westerns, particularly Gene Autry and Roy Rogers. The tower offers the best views of Seattle and we studied it while we ate burgers and drank beer. You could almost see to Japan.


After I left Jim, I walked down to Pike Place Market. The fish stalls were closed and the fish throwers had all gone home for the evening. I stood on First Avenue to watch the ferries chugging home against the twilight. Dinner came courtesy of Steelhead Diner on Pine Street. I had some Copper River salmon and local clam chowder on the side. About midway through the rhubarb-strawberry pie, I was pretty sure I'd be returning to Seattle. Not a bad place to spend 22 hours. -- Ace
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]