Official Site of New York Times Bestseller Ace Atkins

Friday, June 3, 2011

Me & Honeyboy


If you happen to get the Documentary Channel, check out "Honeyboy and the History of the Blues" tonight. I'm a featured interview in the doc, talking about the myth and legend surrounding Robert Johnson. Remember him? He was the subject of my very first novel in 1998. Be sure to also check out my beard. I had forgotten I had a beard when this thing was shot about ten years ago. I kind of miss the beard.

"Honeyboy and the History of the Blues" (June 3, 8 pm ET/PT) -- A legendary musician -- a a performer at the inauguration of President Barack Obama -- David "Honeyboy" Edwards was born on a plantation, hopped trains playing guitar around the country at age 16 and became an early pioneer of the musical phenomenon known as The Blues. Featuring interviews with Edwards, B.B. King and other Blues greats, "Honeyboy" is a biographical journey that is as much the story of the man as it is about the music that he helped to create.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]